Tuesday, September 29, 2026

it's the never-ending storrrrryyyyyyy



This litter is named after The Neverending Story because that's what it feels like it is in rescue, right? I saw these free puppies being given away which always makes me cringe because of course they're not altered, they have no vaccines, and there is no process to ensure they're going to a good home. And so, I did what I do and offered to take the puppies and help get the mom spayed so we don't have more litters. 

I contacted several other rescues who specialize in small dogs, and they all assured me that yes they would happily intake this crew. 

And then...

Their fosters bailed, and so they bailed. 

And so I did what I do. 

I took them into our rescue and set them up a place to hang out in my office. Because what's the other option? I already promised that I would keep them safe, and so I will. 

Now we weren't really in a position to take these guys on, hence my attempt at collaboration with other rescues. But now they're here, and so we will improvise, adapt, and overcome. Now we need to get vaccines started since they're obviously staying and we're nearing the end of the quarantine period. 

That's SIX office visits at $20 each and SIX initial DHPP vaccines at $22 each for a total of $42 per puppy and a grand total of $252 


No comments :

Post a Comment