Tuesday, September 15, 2026

meet our founder + director

 Meet our Executive Director + Founder

Hello! 

I'm Rhonda, and this rescue has been a dream of mine for a long time. I am so happy to see its creation and to begin working on this mission even more than I've already been doing my entire life. 

For as long as I can remember I have saved animals that needed help. As a teen, I began volunteering at the local shelter and humane society. I brought home every stray animal I ever found. I volunteered at several different wildlife centers, and I worked at a vet tech during college. My love of animals has been something that has always been at the center of my very existence. 

Fostering and rescuing animals fulfilled something in me that I can't quite explain but that I know other people in animal welfare will understand. Seeing a scared animal learn to trust people again is something you won't ever forget. It's an experience that changes your very soul. As I fostered and volunteered, I learned what I liked and didn't like in the world of animal welfare. I quietly tucked away those tidbits until I finally put them to work opening Holiday House Animal Rescue. 

I have been studying animal behavior for a long time, and I truly love being able to help animals in need. I previously trained horses, so transitioning that to dogs has been insightful. It deepens my belief that all animals can be trained with care and compassion without resorting to intimidation, pain, or discomfort. That belief and ethical valuation is one of the driving proponents behind my starting my own rescue. 

Prior to starting this rescue I have obtained four college degrees and various certificates. I have worked in the legal field, social services, secondary teacher, along with my first very important real job at Dairy Queen. I am a published author under a pen name and am working on another young adult novel currently which will be published under my own name. 

I live on a farm with my partner and his daughter. My son and his wife live in Oklahoma. We have been rescuing animals to live in sanctuary on our farm since its inception in 2019. Those animals are becoming part of HHAR as sanctuary animals and as we have room we will add and expand that aspect of this venture as well. 

I am so delighted to meet all of you, am incredibly thankful for your support, and hope that you join me to save the lives of more at-risk animals. 






No comments :

Post a Comment